Alissa practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, guardianships, elder law, and real estate. Alissa is a Board Certified Trust & Estate Lawyer and since 2012 has served as the Chairwoman of the Probate, Trust & Real Property Section of the Porter County Bar Association.
Alissa has developed an extensive estate planning and administration practice. Over the past 20 years, she has counseled hundreds of individuals with their estate planning needs. Alissa prepares estate plans ranging from the simple Will to complex Trusts. Alissa’s experience includes the administration of numerous multimillion-dollar estates and trusts, including estates valued in excess of $25 million and preparation of a multitude of complex federal estate tax returns. In addition to estate planning and administration, Alissa has assisted a number of individuals in obtaining Guardianship over a loved one and provided representation to individuals who have suffered financial abuse. Lastly, Alissa has developed a substantial real estate practice and has represented more than 300 individuals in residential real estate transactions.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Valparaiso University School of Law (2014)
- President, Porter County Bar Association (2013)
- Chairwoman, Probate, Trust & Real Property Section, Porter County Bar Association (2012- present)
- Board Certified Indiana Trust & Estate Lawyer (2008 – present)
- The Indiana Bar Association’s 2006 Recipient of the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
- 2006 Runner-up for the “Best Estate Planning Practice” by Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly Magazine
Publications and Presentations
Alissa has written extensively in the areas of elder and estate law and has served as a contributor to the Senior Life newspaper. She has provided seminars on wills, trusts, probate and advance directives to the public on an ongoing basis and has presented at a number of continuing legal education seminars.
- MA. Psy. Highest Distinction, Valparaiso University, 2017
- JD., Cum Laude, Valparaiso University School of Law, 2000
- BS., With Honors, Political Science and Public Administration, University of Wisconsin at LaCrosse, 1996